Our well experience and calibrated editorial & proofreading team have genuine passion on working with various subjects, and they provide realistic, reasonable support to our customers by providing comprehensive editing & proofreading cost effectively. We offer the following services:
- Manage developmental work of book/journals
- end-to-end management of the peer-review process
- Assist the authors regarding the language editing or queries related to writing process
- Acquisition and summation of manuscript reviews
- Transmit the materials to production and assist production regarding queries from copy editor
- Support of marketing materials
- Develop cover for the books/journal
We ensure that all permissions for copyrighted material used in the book or article have been obtained? The process involve:
- Project analysis
- Identify original publishers
- Apply for permissions
- Coordinate with authors & publishers
- Maintain permission logs
Our editorial team do technical assessment on the author manuscript and make it ready for the production as below:
- Detailed manuscript preparation, with an eye towards future composition/production needs.
- Creating outlines of chapters
- Creating Table of Contents
- Inputting author changes from hard copy to e-files
- Art assessment (Re-draw, Re-labelling, Color correction, Re-sizing, Pre-flighting)
- Chapter logging & creating reports
- Cast-off and budgeting advice
- Compiling contributor database including affiliation information
- Research missing reference information
We have professional editorial team, who handle academic and scientific books and journals for subjects like Physics, Maths, Chemistry, Biology, Medical Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences.
Our copy-editing services are flexible and tailored to each client's requirements. Based on an excerpt of the material we propose a copy-editing level (light, moderate or intensive), to our clients, however we respect our client's right to decide on the levels.
Our editors, apart from their copyediting skills, are trained in contemporary ePublishing requirements that enable the production of content-rich mark-ups.
Our editors' skill sets are:
- Mechanical Markup
- Technical Editing
- Light Editing
- Language Polishing
Our experienced proofreaders ensure the final text is accurate, consistent and of a professional, publishable standard. We also offer a proofreading service to authors, so that they can rest assured that their manuscript is ready to send to the printers, or to agents/publishers. All of our proofreaders are eagle-eyed, and they are sticklers for consistency!
How our proofreader works?
Proofreading is the last stage in the editorial process – the final check-through before the text is published. Ideally, to ensure that the material is at its best, the text has already been professionally copy-edited before it arrives on the book proofreader's desk. Our professional proofreaders look-in to the following areas:
Accuracy: Correcting errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar, catching all the misspellings, spotting that misplaced apostrophe and sorting dodgy verb agreements.
Consistency: Maintaining and Sticking to the consistency. They bring the text neatly into line, ensuring a consistent style is applied in areas such as capitalisation, italicisation, hyphenation, punctuation and spelling styles.
Please note that our proofreading does not involve improving the writing style in any way, so they never rewrite clumsy sentences or improve flow. We understand that that's the job of a copy editor.
If your book is to be clear, accessible, interesting, memorable and effective, the language needs to be of a good standard. Some authors need only minimal support; others need more intensive copy-editing; but all authors, no matter how accomplished, experienced or skilled, can benefit from our language polishing. The service helps non-native English-speaking authors to get their language polished.